Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 18, 2008

Click on images to view a larger version
Another colored pencil drawing on Mylar (drafting film). This was my first drawing on Mylar, and you can see I had problems, especially with the background

Tracy and Rowdy, done in colored pencils on Stonehenge paper. My first colored pencil portrait, and a real struggle. I attempted too many layers and too much blending, and her skin ended up looking blotchy. Cats are easier than people!

***************


After looking at these images of some of the Rainbow Family on the Internet, I have decided I can live without seeing them in person. But I remember seeing a lot of them come through town the last time they gathered here, so will probably see some. It could be worse - I just watched a documentary on racist Skinheads, and I would rather have the Rainbow family!

************************************

My friend Bobbi from Big Piney visited this afternoon. It was so good to see her. It has been a long time, and I don't know why we don't get together more often. Her husband teaches the ceramics class at Rendezvous Point on Wednesdays. He also teaches art in Big Piney. Bobbi and I taught kindergarten together in Pinedale, and she teaches in Big Piney now.


*************************

I painted with the Art Group at Rendezvous Point this morning. What an enjoyable way to spend a morning! We laugh and talk a lot, but we also produce some pretty neat art work. Poor Pam was late, because she had a tree down over her road and couldn't get here until it was moved.



No comments: