Saturday, June 21, 2008

June 21, 2008

My friends Gina and Judi have both mentioned my new blog in their sites, and included links to it. Thanks, girls!

I added links to blogs I regularly read on the side of this page. Hope it works.

---------------
I saw several people in and around Rock Springs who looked like they might be heading for the Rainbow gathering. Of course, in the summer, I guess you can expect to see lots of people "on the road". Because of all the construction, I didn't see them on the highways. They all seemed to have either a dog or a guitar. I also passed a big schoolbus on my way home. It was old, spray painted, had broken windows, and looked like it was packed to the ceiling with boxes. If I had to guess, I would say it was headed for Big Sandy.

When I went to the liquor store last week, an older man with a little skinny grey ponytail was in there. He was wearing a bright orange tee shirt, bright yellow shorts, bright green socks, and tall boots. When I looked at him, he said "I dressed myself". Turns out he is a friend of Bubba's. I'm sure you all know who Bubba is.

When I came out of the liquor store, a young man (with a dog) was sitting there in the shade, and asked me if I could spare some money. I pretended I didn't even hear him.
********************

It was nice to see Cristy's blog updated with some new work. Cristy and I taught together the last year before I retired. She was such a natural with kindergarten kids, and I think we had a great partnership and I really enjoyed teaching with her. She made me a gift of a new sketchbook, pencils, and illustration board, urging me to get back into my art work. Well, it worked, Cristy! Thanks again.

*********************************************
Click on photos so view a larger image.
This is what happens when I pick my chokecherries.

And this is what happens to those I can't reach.

No comments: