Thursday, June 19, 2008

June 19, 2008 - Photo Editing

Photo Manipulation:

I really enjoy loading photos I have taken onto the computer and editing them with the Photoshop program. I have done some strange things to photos using this program. There are so many tools, actions and filters, and I have yet to learn them all.

This is a tree at the Homestead Living Center in Riverton, where my Mom lived for a while. Such a neat old tree, and I wanted to give it a "facelift". I replaced the buildings and houses with bushes, and I'm sure I did a lot of other things to it too, but here is the result.

Click on photos to view a larger version

Before

After


**********************************



Two More Quilts and Knitting


Lone Star Quilt





Trip Around the World






When I was in my "knitting phase", I knit a bunch of socks. I pretty much quit on sweaters, as I don't wear them anyway. I do have some more sweater yarn that I just look at.

*************************************

I finally started watering my lawn yesterday. It was so wet and rainy every day, then all of a sudden it got warm and dry, and my entire yard is a shameful mess. I haven't even cleaned all the old dead flower stalks out from last year yet. My yard is too big, and is on a side hill. A couple years ago, my quakies went crazy and put up hundreds of shoots. I decided to leave about the bottom third of my lawn, and quit mowing it. It is now growing a healthy looking grove of little quakie trees.

Retirement is hell! Too much to do and too little time to do it in!




No comments: