Thursday, June 12, 2008

Good bye, Bogie

Click on photos to enlarge
Good bye, Bogie

Tracy called yesterday to tell me that they made the decision to have Bogie put to sleep. I'm glad they did it - I know he was suffering. They both stayed with him at the Veterinarian's while it was done, and have had him cremated. They will miss him so much. I will too. Won't be the same at the lake without him.

Now they are both going to Belize, and I think that's a good idea for them to get away and have some fun. The cat doesn't need me to baby sit him, and besides, I am allergic to him. So I am putting off my trip to Colorado for now. Leslie (Tracy's sister, my step daughter from my first marriage) called. She had been planning on coming to get me and take me to their home in Colorado Springs. So now we are making plans to get together in the fall.

I didn't go to my watercolor group yesterday. I missed it - it has been fun getting together with that group. I had thought I would miss the whole month of June, but now I will be able to go.

I tentatively have plans for an eye appointment in Riverton. My sister-in-law will set it up for me, and am expecting to have cataract surgery later in the summer, also in Riverton. At least, I think I have cataracts. I was told it looked like they were developing last time I had my eyes checked. Sometimes I think they are really bad, then discover I need to clean my glasses.

Looks like another year without lilac blooms in Pinedale. I was really hopeful this year - my bushes are covered with buds. But two days of snow, rain, and hail, and temperatures at night of about 27 degrees has probably frozen them. I have lived in Pinedale about 40 years and have only seen the lilac bushes bloom once!


This is the watercolor I did of the sky along the interstate east of Rock Springs. There is no place to stop and take a picture, so I painted it from memory. Seems like every time I travel that road, the sky is beautiful - and so much of it!! And there is no place to park to enjoy the view.


No comments: