Wednesday, June 25, 2008

June 25, 2008 - California trip

The internet was down yesterday, and by the time it was back up, I was not in the mood to post to my Blog.


Last October, Tracy and Paul took me to Newport Beach, CA. It was not my first time flying, but it was the first time I had flown in a large jet. I loved it!


Although it was smoky from the wildfires, we did a lot of sight-seeing, we had fun, and the smoke cleared out somewhat in a day or so. We ate a lot of wonderful food, went to the beach, wandered around through Blaboa Beach, Newport Pier, and other places. We spent almost a whole day at the old Mission San Juan Capistrano.

__________________________
Click on photos to view a larger image.
This is from the balcony of our rooms at the Marriott. Quite smoky,
but a pretty sunset over the oceon.

Gulls at Newport Beach.

A view of the Grand Canyon from 38,000 feet. I rode a mule to the bottom of the canyon years ago.

No comments: