Friday, June 13, 2008

June 13, 2008

Click on photos to see larger version.
No quilting being done here now! The room has changed a lot. The sewing machine and quilting frame have been put away, and now the room is cluttered with art supplies, drawing tables, and art tables.

I did this sculpture years ago. It is done with "Sculpy" and painted with acrylic paint. It's about 6 inches tall.


A pencil drawing I did years ago. I presume someone purchased it, as I no longer have it. I had taken a photo of it and recently scanned the slide. This might possibly be pen and ink, it's hard to tell.

Another pencil drawing I did years ago. A friend of mine bought it, and brought it to our art group to show. She let me borrow it so I could scan it.

-----------------
Lynn T. was at one of the art group meetings, working with soft pastels. I used to do quite a bit with them, so I came home and got mine out again. I felt "all thumbs". I hadn't worked with them for so long that I forgot how to use them. Then, of course, I decided I needed a new set, and also some new paper. I ordered two sets of 18 each of the Unisom pastels, one is portrait colors and the other is landscape colors. I already had a few sheets of the "sanded" pastel paper, but I ordered a few more and also a velour pad.

I still haven't finished the piece I started with the new oil pastels that I just "had to have". But I will get back to it.

I also have several colored pencil pieces started, but they frustrate me. It is so hard to blend them and to get good strong colors. They look kind of faded and washed out

It looks like our weather is going to warm up. The wind has not quit blowing for days and days, and this morning it was quiet. But now it looks like a breeze has come up.

When the weather warms up and the wind quits blowing, I will not have any excuses - I HAVE to get some work done in my yard.

No comments: