Saturday, June 14, 2008

Out the Windows - June 14, 2008

My upstairs room is a perfect photography blind. I have a good view of the ditchbank and my back yard, the area to the north of me, and my yard. to the south. My windows are double, and I only put screens on half of them so I can open the other side and take pictures without having to shoot through a screen

These are just a few I have taken out the window. I will post more another day.





**********************
Another drawing from the past.


Another pencil drawing I did quite a few years ago. This one won a award of some kind at a Wyoming Artist Assocation show, and hung in the governor's office for a year. When I got it back, I never tried to sell it. It is hanging in my house. I used a black and white photo of one of the participants in the Rendezvous as reference. Sandy, the wife of this man has expressed interest in it. I really don't want to sell it, but I should look into having some prints made. I would like to give her one



The Rainbow Family is coming to the Pinedale area next month. The plan now is to camp at the Big Sandy Opening. There will be about 40,000 of them. (The entire population of Sublette County is around 5,000) They were here years ago - up in the mountains above Big Piney. I don't know that they really caused any problems, but just the fact that this many people camp in one area in our mountains is scary. They claim to believe in peace and taking care of the environment. I'm pretty sure they don't believe in taking baths or wearing shoes. They kind of resemble left-over "flower children".

It's sunny and the temperature at 1:00 this afternoon is 69 degrees. According to my little "weather station" it got down to 34 degrees last night.







No comments: