Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June 11, 2008

Tracy


Tracy and her cousin, Ben Lee. Ben was dancing at a gathering at the Rocky Mountain Hall in Fort Washakie.

Tracy and I with her sister, Leslie and brother Sonny. We are standing in front of an oil painting of their Grandad LeClair.

Tracy visiting with my mom at the wedding. It was held outdoors and rained off and on.
Tracy and Paul were married in 2005. Bogie, their dog, was the ring bearer. Notice his custom made "tuxedo", which had a pocket that held the ring.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was to go to Colorado this week to "babysit" the dog and cat while Paul and Tracy were in Belize. Things don't always go as planned. The dog is very sick now, he has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy treatment. Tracy is not going to Belize, and Paul may cancel. I am just waiting to see what they decide. I think they might not have a choice.

I might wait until fall to go visit. I've not been very succesful getting to Colorado. I was on my way for Christmas, hit a patch of ice between Baggs and Creston Junction, and ended up in the ditch with everything from the bed of my pickup scattered in the snow, including a tool box that was bolted down.

A nice patrolman and two truck drivers got my stuff picked up and got me back on the road. No damage to the truck. But when they got me up on the highway, I was headed back toward Rock Springs, and I just decided to head that way.

The patrolman (I guess they are called "troopers" now) said he thought that was a good choice, as the roads would be worse if I went on.

So I drove back to Rock Springs, got a motel room, bought some beer, and painted a really nice watercolor of what the sky looked like on my way into Rock Springs on the interstate. Then I shopped my heart out at WalMart the next morning before coming home.

No comments: