Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Quilting

This quilt pattern is "Irish Chain". I think it is traditionally done with two colors and white, but I did it with multicolor "scraps"


This is the quilting frame I used. It cost a pretty penny, and I guess I got a lot of good out of it. It is now dismantled and stored under my bed. Maybe I will get it out again some day.


This is a quilt I made for my daughter, Tracy, quite a few years ago. It is a combination of several different patterns, like Jacob's Ladder and Fan.


This quilt design is a Navajo strip quilt.

The construction is finished!! This is the original setup in the upstairs studio. (The room has changed purposes since.) The quilting frame and sewing machine are on the right. The stairs are behind the bookcase. The bedroom is at the back of the photo. And the "star" in the center of the photo is Black Jack, my Schipperke dog, who died last year.