Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday

We got maybe an inch of snow last night, and the snow is melting off the roof right now.  Barrie took her plow truck this morning.  Do you think she really found enough snow to plow?

Barrie went to the post office yesterday and brought me four packages.  The Fed Ex guy was here too, and left seven boxes on the front porch.  It took me a while to get the boxes in the house, and I haven't even opened them all yet.  A couple of them are from Paul and Tracy, and I think I have figured out what is in the rest of them.

 
Another small sculpture I did from Sculpy years ago.  His head looks too big for the rest of him.  Sculpture is the hardest thing in the world to photograph.  I used to take pictures of all of Alice's sculpture, and it is so frustrating to try to get the lighting right, the background, and the right angle so the piece doesn't look distorted or out of proportion.
 
*************************
 
Enjoyed watching the NFR on television last night.  My favorite team took sixth place in the tie down roping, Fred and Sweetness.
 
**************************
Pearl Harbor Day.  I don't remember the day, I wasn't old enough, but I remember a story my Dad used to tell about it.  It was on a Sunday, and the bank was closed, but three women were working to straighten out some clerical errors.  The phone rang, and after one women answered it, she turned to the others and said "Pearl Harbor has been attacked!"  One of the women said, "Oh, did she work here?"

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

judi said...

I really do hope that Barrie is keeping all your stories somewhere special to save for Kasey. That Pearl Harbor one is priceless.