Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday

Well below zero again last night.  I'm staying warm and cozy indoors. Wish we would get more snow.

*********************
 
I submitted one assignment for the online drawing class I am taking.  Instructor says my lines need to express more light, dark, fast and slow qualities.  Huh? I was supposed to do a gestural drawing of a seagull.
 
*******************
 
 
I dug through my DVDs last night and got out the movie "Straight From the Heart" to watch.  It is a romance, set in modern times.  The widowed rancher brings a girl from New York to his ranch in Wyoming, because his sister is forcing him to meet women, and she put an ad in a singles magazine for him.  And of course they end up in love.  Nice scenery.  The horses, which were supposed to be wild mustangs, were obviously muscled up quarter horses, some with saddle marks.  And the cattle they vaccinated were all roping steers. 
 
Anyway, I thought I would check on Amazon to see if it was available as an instant video.  It wasn't, and I was shocked to see that the thing is selling for $80 now!  I bought my DVD in 2010 for $9. 
 
I did buy the movie "The Parent Trap", the old version, starring Hayley Mills.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Judi said...

Those art teachers have to say something! Imagine if they just start off with compliments. Fast & slow lines???
Why would a DVD cost that much now?

Duene said...

Out of print. Just like out of print books become more valuable.