Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday

I will have to say, after watching ten nights of the NFR, I really know all the words to "The National Anthem".  Loved watching the world champions claim their awards.

Several years ago, the girl who won the barrel racing said in her speech, "I would never have been able to do it without my horse."  I still think that is the funniest statement ever.

************************
 
Got out the box of old pictures again today.  I started on them some time ago, but will never get them all scanned.  And I don't really want to.
 
 
This is a newspaper clipping about Lynn V, Lana F, Tracy, and Ann M winning a trip to Washington DC for National History Day.  Carmella V. went with them.

I was in Aspen visiting Tracy when President Bush and Margaret Thatcher came to town.  I bought a commentorative envelope with the postmark.  We went out to the highway to watch the motorcade when they went by on their way  into town.  But I never saw the President or Margaret Thatcher.  All the windows in the cars were black.  But they were in there somewhere.
 
I especially enjoyed two of Tracy's neighbors.  They drove a pickup out to the highway, unloaded two big recliner chairs and a cooler of beer, and enjoyed the parade.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Did you make Tracy's blouse? It's cute.