Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday

Nothing but gray skies.  No snow, no sunshine.  Bleak!

I took some paper, and an ink pen to art group today, and all I did was sit and look through Southwest Art magazines.  I thought I could get enthused about doing some pen and ink drawings, but didn't find anything to draw.

But there were some delicious goodies today.  Conley baked chocolate chip cookies, and Vicky baked some Christmas cookies.

After everyone went to lunch, Vicky and I decided to do some cleaning in the room.  The ceramics people had left their box of paints out on the floor again, and Vicky and I decided to clean under the sink so the paint could be put away.  There was so much unused junk under there!  Old rags, dried up paints and I don't know what else.  We threw a few things away, but left a lot of it out on the table so the ceramics people could go through it. 

Hope we're not in trouble.

******************************
 
Found a few more photos of art work I did years ago.
 


I wonder why I don't do this any more?  I did this with a modeling clay called "Sculpy".  It dries hard when you bake it in a low oven. Then I painted it with an acrylic bronze paint.  It's about 6" high.  I enjoyed doing it, so why don't I do more?

 
Another thing I never do any more is scratchboard.  I love this old tree that I photographed at Fremont Lake.  I also did an etching of it.

4 comments:

RTD said...

Both items look great!!
So why did you quit -STOP IT- and start doing it again

Judi said...

I used to do tiny Sculpey ornaments, but the clay is so hard to start with & my fingers ached from kneading it to softness. Then they came out with that clay that is as soft as marshmallows & it was fun, but you couldn't do the tiny details with it.
You'll find something 'exciting' to do with pen & ink.

Duene said...

I don't think I have any of your Sculpy stuff, but I have some of your salt dough ornaments. Priceless!

MOM/Gina said...

You are sooo artistic...I'm really jealous.