Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday

I have been shopping this morning, a big shopping trip!  No, I didn't leave the house and didn't get dressed.  I shopped with a hot cup of coffee in front of my computer screen.

I can't cook at all any more.  I made biscuits the other day, and they were terrible.  We didn't even eat half the last loaf of bread I made in the bread machine. So I visited the grocery departments of both WalMart and Amazon.  They both have a large selection of grocery supplies, and the shipping is free.

I also decided to try some mixes instead of trying to make everything from scratch.  My "scratch" items suck.

(If Blogger would let me upload a photo, you would see a very exciting picture of a bag with raisin bread mix.)

I've also been looking at recipes and directions for making bread in a crockpot.  Sounds interesting. I wonder if it really works?

*********************
 
Watched a depressing movie last night, "This Property is Condemned" with Robert Redford and Natalie Wood.  A good movie, but depressing.
 
And this morning I am listening to Johnny Cash playlist on my iPod.  Boy!  He sang a lot of depressing songs! 
 
**********************
 
There is a petition circulating to rescind 20 Medals of Honor awarded to soldiers of the U.S. Army 7th Cavalry who participated in the slaughter of 300 or so Lakota Sioux, mostly unarmed women and children (approximately 200) at Wounded Knee on December, 29 1890. That's depressing too.

Okay, enough!  I am going to watch the movie "Rainman".


1 comment:

Judi said...

Wish you were here to shop. The selection is diverse & outstanding. I have chimichangas, spinach pizza, & quiche appetizers in my freezer. Last night we had yummy Shrimp Scampi - just dump it all into the skillet & simmer. One of the reasons I love this place.
Forgot to comment on "The Dance" by Garth. I never knew that was what it was about either.