Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday

Ahhh, we are finally being humidified!  The new humidifier is here.  I filled it and got it up and running in the dining room.  And I discovered that that the small one I use upstairs has been totally ineffective because the wick was not even wet.  I replaced the wick in it, and it is now working.  I hope we don't get moldy in all this humidity.  The barometer reads 30%

 
I hate it when things get fouled up!  In 2011, I signed up for Xpress Bill Pay, which is what the Town of Pinedale uses.  I wanted to pay my quarterly sewer charges on line, with no hassle.  It worked for a while, and I watched it carefully to make sure it was.  But then I got careless and just assumed it was working.  The other day I got a paper bill from the Town for $79 for sewer.  I couldn't figure out why.  I went to the website of Express and brought up my account.  Good grief!  The company has gone beserk and I never caught it, and neither did the town of Pinedale. 
 
Sewer is $53 a quarter, (was less than that in 2011. )  So four payments for 2012 should have been  $212.  I had made eleven payments for the year, all of them for strange amounts, and paid well over $600. 
 
So I have written to the town, and sent them a copy of my billing history from Xpress for the last two years.  I also disabled the Xpress account. 
 
Don't know why I was careless with this.  I always go through my credit card statement carefully, and also my checking account. 
 
***************************
 
The recipe for the biscuit mix I got in packets did not work.  There were no adjustments for high altitude, so I just followed the directions on the back of the packet.  Ended up with flat biscuits that spread out instead of rising. I think I need to reduce the amount of water.  Back to the drawing board.  And I am going to attempt to make cookies again, and cut the amount of sugar to about half!   

1 comment:

Judi said...

Stella is at Rendez Pt almost everyday & she played a major role is getting companies to even put high altitude directions on their baked goods. She could answer your questions. I thought you added a little more water & flour for most hi altitude stuff. Or is it less water & more flour....
I would have just the same problems as you with online billing & auto payment if it weren't for "The Math Man" in my life. Good luck!