Saturday, January 19, 2013

Saturday

Ah, success at last!  I now know how to make good bread in my new bread machine.  The secret is DO NOT use bread machine yeast.  I made a loaf using regular yeast yesterday, and it turned out perfect.  Same recipe as the flat loaves. 

 
I have a loaf of wheat bread with several grains in it in the machine right now.  Just peeked at it through the little glass window, and it looks good.  I added plenty of gluten, so it shouldn't collapse.
 
Next - - - Figure out how to use the Bisquick mix. It comes in packets to make eight biscuits, and the amount of water the directions said to use is definitely not right.  The dough was way too moist. Maybe I should have opened another packet and added to it until it was the right consistancy. Or maybe just add flour.
 
 
*********************
 
I filled both humidfiers this morning.  With the amount of moisture being put in the air in this house, we should have drops of water dripping off the ceiling! My barometer says 30%.  

2 comments:

Judi said...

Beautiful loaf of bread.
Wish I had some of that humidity - just enough to stop my fingers from splitting. They're like paper cuts. Ouch.

Betty C said...

I always use regular yeast in my bread machine. I don't really like "special use" ingredients. If it works for regular bread, why not in the bread machine? That's my theory any ways!!