Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday

Went to the clinic this morning to have a doctor fill out my form requesting a handicap parking permit so I can park close to the outside door close to my apartment.  I have to take it to the Highway Department, and they won't be open until Monday. 

The doctor told me I had a heart murmur.  I told him a doctor in Laramie told me that more than forty years ago.  I also have slightly high blood pressure, which I've had for at least 20 years.   I hadn't been to the clinic for about fifteen years, so they didn't have a file on me. 

***************************
 
I stopped at Ridley's to get some tomatoes and noodles. Jane Johnston saw me and I ended up visiting with her quite a while. 
 
*****************************
I watched "Fried Green Tomatoes" the other night - that's why I bought the tomatoes.  They're not green, but I plan to fry them anyway.
 
 
I also watched "Deliverance" a couple nights ago.  Take a look at the family in the picture above.  Don't you think they might have been in the cast?  Especially the men.
 
Okay, I admit, they are my relatives.  That's my Grandmother, in the back row, with her hand on my great grandmother's shoulder.  The family was very respectable - my great grandfather was in the Nebraska state legislature.  But I still say the men in the family could have played the parts of the hillbillies in "Deliverance".
 
 

2 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

That's a wonderful family photo. Was wondering if your mother is one of the children.

Duene said...

No, this was taken before my grandmother was married, and she is my father's mother.