Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday Movie

This morning I decided  my favorites list was way too long, so I went through it and deleted a lot of things.  One of the things listed was a link to an old movie, "The Terror of Tiny Town".  I had almost forgotten that movie.  So of course I spent the rest of the morning watching it. (and laughing).  It is an old black and white western, filmed in 1938, featuring an all midget cast,  They all rode Shetland ponies, walked through the bottom of the swinging saloon doors, and stood on platforms to reach the bar.  The hero, of course, wore a white hat, a white shirt, and rode a white Shetland.  He played a guitar as big as he was. 

I did a few screen captures

 Here is the hero talking to his father.


 
And here is the heroine, talking to the hero after he rescues her runaway stagecoach, which is pulled by a team of four Shetlands.
 
 

And here he his serenading her when they sneak off to have a picnic together. 

********************
 
 I first saw this movie years ago when I went to sleep in my chair watching TV.  I woke up and this is what was on.  None of my co-workers believed such a movie existed at first.
 
Politically correct?  No.  Funny? Yes.
 
Here is the link if you are interested in watching it.  It's hard to sit through the whole thing, because it is so corny, but you might enjoy watching part of it if you have a twisted sense of humor like I do.
 

1 comment:

MOM/Gina said...

Hummm...in the very early 60's Donnie and I worked at Short Tyler's. He had a brother who was a midget, and did movies. Can't remember his name. Wonder if he was in it.