Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday



This pencil drawing is finished.  It took a long time.  I believe this is the first landscape I have ever drawn  in graphite.  All my pencil work seems to be animals and wildlife.

***************************
 
Kasey and I watched "Wizard of Oz" this week.  She loved it so much she watched in again the next day.
 
I just read this on the news this morning:

Margaret Pellegrini, one of the original Munchkins from the 1939 classic movie "The Wizard of Oz," has died. She was 89. With her death, only two of the original 124 Munchkins in the movie are still alive.

Pellegrini has said she was 16 when "The Wizard of Oz" was filmed. She played one of the "sleepy head" kids and wore a flowerpot on her head in the movie.

The real singers were "adults, dubbed in," she said. "They just played the record faster so their voices would sound high."

I had not realized that's how they did the Munchkins singing voices.  I can remember playing a record faster to make it sound funny!

***********************************
 
It's been a busy morning.  Ken (the maintenance guy) came to fix the leak under the kitchen sink,, the showerhead, and the bedroom heater.  And the girl who cleans the apartment was here. 
 
I went down to the lounge area to read, and Rod Rozier came by with his father, who lives here.  Rod and I were on the original technology committees together when the school first began to get computers.
 
He and Leslie have two white cats they got from us when they were kittens.  Barrie had caught them (their mother was a feral cat), tamed them down, and Rod and Leslie took them.
 


3 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

I'm glad to hear Rod is home....
Love..love your drawing.

DADD said...


Yes, love your drawing.
I also love to draw, but I have bad hand/eye drawing abilities. My mind just won't make my hand draw what I see.
But, I can do a real good stick figure. And my square things aren't bad either.

Charmian said...

BEAUTIFUL drawing, Duene! What are those mountains? :o))