Saturday, February 22, 2014

I Hear You Knocking

 
"I hear you knocking, but you can't come in".  (There's an old song by that name.) The young bull moose came for a visit yesterday.  This is at the outside door by my apartment.  I couldn't take his picture, because I couldn't open the door.  He sure seems to like those bushes.

************************
 
Big fat snowflakes are coming down right now.  I think the poor guys who are working on the roof across the street have given up for the day and are doing something else inside the apartments.  The snow is building up on the tree branches and ends of the bushes.  It's not cold, and the wind's not blowing.  Beautiful day, actually.
 
******************
 
I bought Kasey a bunch of elastic bands to put her hair in a pony tail when she is here.  I put them in a small box I keep on the back of the toilet stool.  Kat discovered them, and I have picked up at least 50 of them around the apartment.  She brought some into the kitchen, and they are now under the stove or refrigerator. 
 
 

This old clock sits down by the front entryway, but it's not running.  I would love to hear it chime.  I wonder what the story is on it.
 

4 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

I think the clock was Cooleys, as was the dinner table and chairs in the Heritage room.

Judi said...

I thought you were going to say you had to pick those hair bands out of the toilet! LOL. Finding them on the floor isn't so bad now, is it?

DADD said...

So, what is the story for the top photo?

I was like Judi, I thought you were going to say Kat knocked them Into the stool.

Anonymous said...

Duene-we saw the young bull moose on Saturday drinking street water by the Food Basket. We got a picture. It was the talk of the hockey team when they saw the picture.
Ginni Myers--Darin's wife