Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday

Feeling pampered.  The apartment has been cleaned, there are clean sheets on the bed, and Ann did some shopping for me at Ridley's and brought me the groceries.  And I have an afternoon of sunshine and a good book to look forward to.

*********************
The lettuce in my refrigerator froze yesterday, so I have it turned down.  It's strange that it's gone this long without getting too cold.  Hope that's not a bad sign, but then that's not my worry.  All I have to do is ask, and they will bring me a different refrigerator.  Love it here!
 

 
 
Here is another book I couldn't give up and brought here with me.  This is Sir Cedric, and his faithful (and tall) steed, Walter.  Sir Cedric is a knight, and he jousts with Black Ned (who has black hairs growing out of his nose) and rescues Fat Matilda from the tower.  He takes her home, and asks her parents, the king and queen, for her hand in marriage.  They eat cucumber sandwiches and drink blackberry wine. 
 
Can you blame me for wanting to hang onto this book? 
 
 
Another February photo from the files.  I knit these socks, and yes, they are supposed to be mismatched.
 
***************************
It is John Steinbeck's 112th birthday.  Maybe I will read one of his books today.




3 comments:

Betty C said...

I like the ladder up to the saddle on the horse. Wouldn't that be nice!

Judi said...

Good eyes, Betty! I didn't even notice that ladder.

Anonymous said...

paul george shoes
yeezy
Golden Goose
kd 14
supreme hoodie
nike sb dunks
fear of god
golden goose sneakers
goyard outlet
golden goose outlet