Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday


I've had all the fun I can stand today, and am seriously missing my garage.  It was 20° below zero when I went out to start my truck to go to art group at Rendezvous Pointe.  The pickup started right up, but the broom to sweep it off is laying on the bottom of the bed, covered with snow and frozen down.  And both windshield scrapers are missing.  I warmed it up enough to more or less clear the windshield, but it was hard to see over the hump of snow on the hood. 

It's now 2:00 PM, and Mavis, the telephone time and temperature girl, says it is 1°.  I think I'll just stay home, bake a loaf of bread, and read.

*******************
 
 I got the new kitchen gadget, a Genius hand slicer, today.  Now I have to figure out how to use it. 
 
******************
 
I started a new colored pencil portrait in art group today.  Maybe the pencils will get me enthused.

3 comments:

Judi said...

Rendezvous Pointe used to drive people from the center to RP for bowling or lunch or whatever. Jackie Sea & Blind Mary used it all the time. Wouldn't that be a tad bit easier for you on Wed?

Duene said...

Not if I had what I needed to brush off snow and scrape windshield. Not prepared. I see the van from Rendezvous Pointe here often, and I know lots of people use it. Duane Schwab is the driver now.

DADD said...

Why would you want to slice your hand???
How about a photo of your new Genius hand slicer