Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday

I'm sure you all know that I am enjoying cooking, and I look for recipes on the Internet.  The other day, I saw a list of recipes that included hush puppies.  I was interested, so I clicked on it.  Here is the list of ingredients:
 
  • 1 box of  McCormick hush puppy mix
  • 1/2 cup water
What the heck?  I thought the point of having recipes was so you didn't have to use boxed mixes or prepared food!
 
 
 
I guess I'll go back to my old antique Betty Crocker recipe book, where it lists the ingredients, and says to "fry in fat"!  It also has a story about how the hunters sat around the campfire and threw hunks of fried corn meal to the hunting dogs.
 
************************
 
 
 As a teacher, this poster really got to me.  I taught several kids with special needs through the years, and was almost always proud of the way the other kids treated their classmate.  They were accepting, patient, and protective.  A few were not, and it was so easy to see that their parents felt the same way.  I actually had a mother who wanted to pull her child from my classroom because I had a special needs child.  She also talked to other parents about her concerns. She actually thought this child would "pull her kid down".  I really hated that woman.
 
But my granddaughter says that word is inappropriate, so I have to say I disliked her!




No comments: