Saturday, February 8, 2014

Saturday

Still watching it snow.  We got at least six inches last night, probably more, and it is still snowing.  It has warmed up quite a bit.

 
 I just read that the Kemmerer leg of the Stage Stop Sled Dog Race was cancelled, due to the weather.  And Big Piney schools did not bus kids to watch the start of the race because it was so cold.  White Pine is closed, and a ski meet has been cancelled.  And of course lots of road closures in the state.

 
This is why you don't want to drive a small white car if you live in Pinedale.  Can you see it?

 
There are often two ravens perched on this streetlight outside my window.  This morning it looked as if they were "smooching".  What I like best about this street light is that it doesn't work, so it doesn't shine in my bedroom window at night!
 
*************************
I like to look back through my files at old pictures I took through the years.  I found several interesting photos I took during the month of February. 
 
Judi tried her hand at editing a photo the other day, so I thought I would share this one.
 
 
This is actually two photographs. The sign is up on South Pass, and the little two track road is south of Pinedale.  I put the two together, did a lot of cloning and blending, and came up with what looks like the Oregon Trail itself beside the sign.
 
 


1 comment:

DADD said...

Excellent job on your sign.