Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday

I think we're having a heat wave.  My outdoor thermometer says it's 10°, but who knows?  The computer says it's 16° below at the airport, and Mavis says it's 1°.  Whatever.  I'm still staying holed up by the heat today.

I almost killed my basil the other day.  I forgot to take it off the windowsill at night, and left the poor stuff sitting against the window with the drapes pulled.  Too cold! It looked pretty sick the next morning, but seems to have recovered.


 
************************
 
 
 
Roger made a joke about my new kitchen gadget.  No, it's not supposed to slice my hand, although that's a possibility.  By "hand slicer", it means it's not electric.  Good one, Roger!
 
 
****************************
 
This oil painting is down by the Heritage Room kind of back in a corner.  It's by Oliver Parsons, from Idaho, I think.  He has spent time in Pinedale and I have taken a couple of classes from him.  He son taught art in Pinedale for one year.
 
 
I have been organizing some art supplies, and this is what I found in the closet.





1 comment:

Charmian said...

Here's one for you, Duene. Friend and piano teacher extraordinaire Coralee has a mango "corer". It works sooo slick!