Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday

I thought yesterday was Monday.  Must have messed myself up with that nap I took!

I left many books at the house when I moved here, but I made sure I kept my favorites.  This is one I moved with me.  I took it off the shelves today to read it again.  It is actually a children's book, but the pencil (probably charcoal) illustrations are wonderful, and I never tire of looking at them.


My pencil drawings are nothing like this, and I wish I could draw like this.  I tend to fuss and nitpick too much.

I Googled the illustrator and looked at other drawings he has done for other books.  Most of them are a little disturbing, as he illustrates scary stories. 

********************
 
No sign of snow today.  It is  40° and the sun is shining bright.  The guys have shoveled off the roof of the new apartments again and are working.
 
**********************
I grabbed Kat this morning and cut the toenails on her front feet.  She behaved perfectly.  No growls, snarls, or fussing.   I'll do her back feet another time.


1 comment:

DADD said...

WHAT, no fussing from Kat. I think I have lost all my respect for Kat.
You are to hard on yourself.
You have more talent in your little finger than I have had all my life .