Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday

It started with the first play of the game and never got any better.  It was kind of painful to watch. Sad day for Denver, and the Seahawks were awesome.

As expected, most of the ads didn't impress me much.  Of course I loved the Clydesdale and puppy, and Coke had some good ads.  Tim Tebow in the T Mobile ad was interesting.

One of the Coke ads has stirred up some controversy.  It featured the song "America the Beautiful" sung in different languages by diverse races.  It shows two dads rollerskating with their daughter. This was the first Super Bowl ad to feature a gay family.

The inclusion of different languages sparked comments on Coke's Facebook page,calling the ad a disgrace and unpatriotic."Speak English or go home," said one commenter on the page. Another commented, "Screwed up a beautiful song. No Coke for my family."

Get a life, people.  It was a beautiful ad.

***********************
 
 

I think I have posted this before, but will do it again.  It shows the layout of the new apartments.  There are four studio apartments, four two-bedroom apartments, and twenty one-bedroom apartments. 

******************
 
 

 
I should get this sign for my place. It is the name of one of my favorite Chris LeDoux songs.  I already have a wooden sign that says "Thou Shalt Not Whine".

3 comments:

DADD said...

What the heck is wrong with people. To sing America the beautiful in their native language was a great deal to me. I loved it.
What people have to realize is that the song is "America the Beautiful" not "USA the Beautiful". And America is made up of ALL different countries.
But the person that said "speak English or go home" Should realize that if we were going to speak and American language it would have to be one of the many Native American languages, not English or French or Spanish.
Now I will get off of my soap box.


Now back to the game. I said to my wife about half way through the 3rd period. " A lot of strange things have happen through out a bunch of different Super Bowls, but Denver has all of them happen to them all in one game. Starting with the very first play. I really started to feel sorry for them

Judi said...

There was an ad before the game started that I really liked. I think it was for MetLife. Schroeder is in the middle of a football field playing the Star Spangled Banner on his plinky little piano. The other Peanuts kids hear him and gravitate to him, so they are all standing together at the end.

Duene said...

That rendition of the Star Spangled Banner was much better than the woman who sang it at the stadium!