Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday

And then the wind blew.

 
 
 
 This didn't last very long, thank goodness.  But I have heard the wind is worse out of town and the roads are bad.  Glad to be here where I am!
 
*************************
 
 
The picture I posted yesterday from Dru and Tawny reminded me of this.  When I was teaching kindergarten, we used to take the kids out to the ranch about in March to "help" feed.  They used two teams and two sleds, and we had about 50 kids.  Best field trip ever.
 
This trip took some preparation.  We had to really prepare parents and kids to the importance of dressing warmly.  We also informed parents about five times that we had to leave as soon as the kids got to school, so no one could be late.  We didn't even let the kids take off their coats before we loaded them on a bus.  We had one mother who was habitually late, and sure enough, her kid wasn't there and we left without him.  She was furious.  I don't think she improved on being prompt the rest of the year, though.
 
At Louie and Lisa's place, Louie had dug tunnels through the piles of snow in the yard, and the kids had a ball climbing through them.  Lisa baked cookies.  I don't think kids get to do that sort of thing any more.
 
**********************
 


I did this!

No comments: