Friday, February 27, 2009

How to Ruin a Painting

How to Ruin a Painting

Click on images for a larger view

The top photo shows the painting after I painted the trees, water, and reflections. Then I looked at it for a while and foolishly decided it needed something in the foreground. So I put some dark, heavy trees in front, and some bright colors, and the whole effect of the painting was lost. I did this a couple of months ago. I think now I am getting better and quitting when I should.

*****************************

Another summer photo of a finch in my chokecherry bushes.

*************************

According to the package tracking information, the cat tree is supposed to be delivered today. It will have to be assembled. The way my day has gone so far, I might wait to do that.

I ordered some new ink cartridges for my photo printer. I usually order from Amazon and take advantage of their free shipping. They did not have two of the colors I needed (My printer uses eight cartridges.), so I ordered "compatible" cartridges from a different source. I opened one today to install in the printer, and when I snapped the plastic cover off, the ink ran out all over my hands and some on my clothes. I was more careful when I opened the others - did it over a wastebasket, and they were all defective. The company will replace them, but I don't want replacements. I am not about to dig those messy things out of the garbage and return them. I have asked for my money back, but don't know if they will do that. I will only buy genuine Canon cartridges from now on. Live and learn!

The forcast said it would be windy today, and it is. A slight chance of snow, but probably not. My thermometer said it was 3 below zero this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LIKE the dark trees & bright colors in the 2nd picture! I also had a bad experience with 'refilled cartridges', but not as bad as yours. I also swore, (not literally) 'only HP from now on'. Judi