Monday, February 9, 2009

Shop 'Till You Drop

Barrie, Kasey and I went to Idaho Falls yesterday, and were'nt sure we were going to able to fit everything into Barrie's truck to bring home. Kasey was tucked into her car seat in the back seat with things packed all around and under her.

I took my long list for WalMart, and didn't even get everything that was on it. Also, I had a bad cart that kept pulling to the left - and when I had a lot of stuff in it and it got heavy, I was really fighting the cart to get around the store!

I got large economy packages of things like toilet paper and paper towels, and bought a box of 66 diapers. Didn't get many groceries - some cheese, eggs, and a sack of potatoes. Doesn't take long to fill a cart and spend a lot.

After we left WalMart, we went to Sam's Club. I had never been to a Sam's Club before, and it was quite an experience! A fun place to shop. Barrie bought 28 bags of dog food there. They were 44 lb. bags, so we were really loaded when we drove home.

The WalMart store almost made you sick. Barrie said it looked like a Pepto Bismol truck wreck. Everywhere you looked, it was pink and red for Valentines. Also, WalMart has all their winter clothes put away, and is ready for spring. I really don't like their "spring" colors - garish greens and oranges, reds and yellows. They are not pretty colors. So we didn't do a lot of clothes shopping. Somehow, I can't get interested in spring clothes in February in Pinedale.

Kasey is such an easy and fun kid to take on an all-day shopping trip. She never whined once all day. She only had one short nap in her car seat. As usual, WalMart was full of crying children, but Kasey stayed cheerful all day. At this age she thinks it is her job to entertain us.

We didn't get home until about 9:30, and it was snowing almost all the way home. After this trip, Barrie is really happy with her truck. Driving on snowy and slick roads and loaded down like it was, it drove great. Barrie had to unload all the dog food, then we unloaded my stuff from the carport into the basement. So nothing has been put away yet.
*************************************
Click on images for a larger view
This is a shot I set up for the theme "Scents of the Season". I put boiling water in the cup, but there was not enough steam to show up in a photo. So I added the steam on the computer with Photoshop.

An old photo of a rain storm over the lake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go shopping at Herberger's in Rock Springs, they have nice clothes and the sales are really great. They remodeled the store and its nice too.
Love, Lynn