Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday

Lynn, your painting of Gypsum, Battleship and Big Sheep Mountains is great! I went through my maps and found one of the BT National Forest. I remember more now about those mountains. I think the lake was in between Big Sheep Mountain and Gypsum, with Battleship in the back.. It shows that it is the beginning of Gyp Creek, but I found a couple of old photos that were labeled "camping on Sheep Creek". Anyway, I enjoying seeing your painting.

Click on images for a larger view
Judi, I got a chuckle out of your "slow down for the lake" sign. Good one!



Here is a scan of a Chicago newspaper from about 1929, showing the Marlatt brothers baseball team in their hats. They not only wore those hats, but also wore hairy chaps. My dad is in the center of the front row, wearing his school sweater with stripes on the sleeve. The hat and chaps were donated to the museum in Torrington, but they never displayed the baseball team. They did use the hat once in a display of cowboy gear. A couple of years ago, my brother and Alice stopped in the museum and took the hat back - so Bill has it now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arrena and Henry had 12 sons!?!?!? Did I count right? I couldn't believe it & counted 3 times. WOW! Any daughters? Judi