Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday

Click on image for a larger view
I've never had much success painting flowers. I did this iris in art group today, and it is probably the best I have ever done. But that's not saying much. It's about 6" x 8".

I ruined about 8 or so greeting cards trying to paint roses. They were SO bad.

My fellow painters fuss at me because I never remember what colors I use in a painting. This iris was done with just three colors . I have promised to make notes of the colors I use (hope I can remember).

******************************
More Television Woes It's not supposed to be so hard to watch TV! Some time ago, the big elephant sized 32 inch TV I had upstairs died. I managed to get it out of the entertainment center and pushed up in a corner. It must weigh 500 lbs! Then I brought my 23 inch flat screen from the living room upstairs. Last summer, I bought a 32 inch flat screen for the living room. I later decided I needed a larger TV upstairs (for my old eyes), and ordered a 32 inch flat screen from WalMart. And they delivered a bicycle!

So I have been putting up with the smaller screen. Today, that TV died. Barrie had tried plugging in the elephant TV one day, and we found that it worked. So I now have it sitting on the floor in front of the entertainment center. There's no way I can lift it up in there, but Barrie will help me.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your "Flower", reminds me of a Van Gogh. I kinda like it. take care. love nanny