Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wednesday

I have no new photos to post today, so found a couple of old ones I hope I haven't posted b efore.


Click on images for a larger version

These corrals are up on South Pass. When I loaded this photo onto my computer, I converted it to black and white, and did a lot of other "creative" editing actions on it.


This skull has hung on the side of my house for so long that I hardly notice it any more. I should move it in and paint it and pretend to be Georgia O'keefe.

********************************

Art group was enjoyable today. Conley showed us how he uses small spray bottles to apply smooth washes for a background. After his demonstratioin, I tried one, with yellow on the top of the paper, and fading into blue at the bottom. I was pleased with the result, but think I need to have more pigment in the spray bottles. I think this could be used for many different effects with different colors. I would like to try a sunset with it.

********************************
I have avoided all politics for so long, and am surprised at how I am following some of the stories about the government bailout and the big companies. It is so interesting that the big banks and auto makers are ready to take all that money, but still continue in their old habits. Citibank was ready to buy a multi-million dollar new corporate jet, but after the outcry, they decided not to. Wells Fargo was renting rooms in Las Vegas for a 12 day "employee meeting", but got their hands slapped, and called the party off. Can you believe those people? I applaud Obama for putting a limit on the salaries of the top execs of those companies.

No comments: