Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday

Today was our art day at Rendezvou Pointe. I didn't accomplish much - painted the creek on my snow and tree scene, then washed it all off again. I did get a better start on the trees. Whenever I get frustrated with my painting, I paint quakie trees.


Click on images for a larger view
I went back to the files for old photos again. This is a picture I took of Madge's cabin up at the museum. I edited out the chain link fence in the background and replaced the sky. Madge was a icon in the community when I first moved here. I wonder how many of us will ever have our house featured in a museum?
************************************************

On one of my early morning trips over South Pass to Riverton, everything was covered with frost. I stopped out past Boulder and took this picture of a frosty cottonwood. Terry was talking about frost on trees this morning and we discussed how to paint something like this in watercolor.
*********************************
Dee C. painted with us this morning. Dee and I taught together for years. It was great to have her there. After art group, Dee, Melanie S, Toni B. and I all went to lunch at the Patio. We need to do that more often.

No comments: