Friday, February 13, 2009

Sunny Friday

What a beautiful sunny day! It's still cold - my thermometer reads only 17 degrees. My outdoor cats are all laid out on the front steps. The steps are concrete, and there is a cinder block wall on the north side. It must be really soaking up some heat from the sun, because the cats are sure enjoying it.

When Barrie and I were in Sam's Club, I looked at an HP laptop computer. So tempting, and I orderedd it yesterday. My laptop locks up often, it sometimes doesn't recognize the power source. I'm sure it still has a lot of life in it, but I talked myself into a new one - not hard for me! This one has such a small screen, and it is difficult for me to see. That's the main reason I bought it - it is very small and compact, and easy to take with me.

The new one will have a 17" screen. It has a huge hard drive, and I was able to configure it the way I wanted it. It will be larger and heavier than this one, but I find that I am doing a lot of work upstairs and will enjoy the larger screen and keyboard.

Click on photos for a larger view

This is my Winsor Newton field sketch kit. The brush is about 4 inches long - the book of paper is about 4" x 5". I don't use it as much as I should, but I have good intentions. The painting shown was done looking out my daughter's glass doors . They have a beautiful mountain view. I try to take it with me whenever I go anywhere, but I don't have the confidence or skill to do fast sketches.



This is a small (about 6" x 8" watercolor I did last week. It was fun to do. I have started the same scene on a larger piece of paper, but have the feeling it won't be as good as this one. I think this one looks kind of fresh and spontaneous, and the larger one will probably lose that. Oh well - it's all practice and learning.

*****************************************

I put some cardboard over my jigsaw puzzle the other night, but the cat managed to move it and destroyed one whole corner of the puzzle. I found a plastic table cloth to cover it, which seems to work. It is a 1,000 piece puzzle, but with the cat's help, it is becoming more like 2,000 pieces.

No comments: