Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday

I forced myself to spend time on the desktop computer this morning. Had to install the software for the scanner and the printer, and Paint Shop Pro, the other photo editing program I use. For some reason, I am having problems with file sharing on my home network. I'm still so unfamiliar with Windows 7, and keep getting lost.

I scanned a few more pictures after I got the scanner installed.



This is an old picture of Tracy's Grandad, Bud LeClair. You can see why the artist from Jackson, Dave McNally, wanted to paint his portrait. He's painted Bud as both a rancher, and as an Indian. If you look on Dave's web page and look at "portraits" under "previous work, you can see the portraits. Tracy and I bought the one of Bud as a rancher, and it is hanging in Tracy's living room.
http://www.davemcnallyart.com/Default.aspx





I liked this Calvin cartoon.


I couldn't resist nabbing this picture I found somewhere on the Internet.

*****************************

I have lived long enough. My mother used to say “I have lived long enough when my kids start to worry about me. Not long ago, I heard my daughter getting on my granddaughter about making a mess in the house. Yep, I’ve lived long enough.

One of my favorite kindergarten mothers used to send me notes signed "The Domestic Goddess."

I found the perfect label for me - "A Domestic Disaster."

No comments: