Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BfzUIBy9A

I have no idea if I can post a link to a youtube video, but if this works, it is a cute video about a Blue Heeler dog in Texas. If the link won't work, you'll just have to take my word for it!

I finished a book Pam recommended to me, "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo." I didn't like the ending and Pam tells me I now have to read the next two books in the series, because that wasn't really the end! The story took place in Sweden, and I had a terrible time with the names: Blomkvist, Berger, Wennerstrom, Borg, Bjurman, for example. I would have done much better with names like Tom Smith, John Jones, etc.

My son-in-law loves Russian mystery and spy stories. Neither Tracy nor I can read them because of the names of all the characters.

The next book I am going to read is named "Nine Lives." (From Stripper to Schoolteacher: My yearlong odyssey in the workplace.) I haven't read the first page yet, but am expecting it to be funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your link works great.
What a great and sad story.
Now there is one dog that lives to please his master any way it can.
The saddest day that his owner will ever have is the day he has to put down Skipper. I know as a pet owner that just had to put down one of my pets.

Now as far as the hard names go. Just don't work hard at the names, just make up something that is close to what you think the name is and use that
Or make a cheat sheet and draw a figure with their name under it and then you should be able to keep the players apart.
R

Anonymous said...

I make cheat sheets when the names get to be too many for me too. Funny, though - after I get them all written down, I usually don't need the sheet. JAM

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is annoying. So many new names, I have to go back and reread things to try and keep the people straight.
Some times newspaper articles will have so many names of who did this and who did that and the this person did this etc. And a bigger problem is when there is an ex husband or ex wife and some kids thrown into the mix. I wind up making a cheat sheet then.
R