Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday

Snow storm last night, sun shining today.

I have two little Lacrosse weather stations. They show indoor and outdoor temperatures, humidity, and barometric pressure. One of them quit showing the outdoor temperature, and I should just get rid of it. But what is interesting today, one shows the pressure dropping and predicts rain or snow. The other shows it rising. Well, maybe they're both right - spring in Wyoming!



I made a poor choice of paper color for this portrait of Jarvi. I should have done it on dark paper, I think. Her eyes look off. I enlarged the photo and traced her eyes, face, and nose on tracing paper and laid it over my drawing. Everything is placed right, but it looks off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have white on the inside of both of her eyes. I think it may be what you think is off.
It kind of looks like both of her eyes are looking a little outwards instead of straight ahead.
Other wise it is a great drawing.
ALAS, to have such a excellent talent. I am very jealous, my best art is stick figures and some landscapes. Like a white rabbit on a snow covered field.
R

Judi said...

Nice portrait of Jarvi. My best art seems to be when I quit thinking about it & start doodling....like when I was on the phone for an hour with a Centurytel Tech Friday morning. Still having slow internet problems.