Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday

Mothers Day
I'm so full I hurt. Barrie took us to the Stockmen's, and Barrie and I had a ribeye steak. I couldn't eat all of mine. It was sure good! Thank you, Barrie!

Kay and Jim were both in there. I hadn't seen either of them for a long time. It was nice to visit with them.


This used to be an annual Mothers Day occurance when I taught kinergarten. Kris Paravacini would bring us a setting hen every year, and we timed it so the eggs would hatch on or near Mothers Day. This is Shasta, a banty hen, who was one of our best mothers. She came back for several years.

Then there was the mother from hell. She was a big white hen, and just before her eggs hatched, she broke up her nest and killed the chicks.

Tracy called this morning on the road between Rifle and Silverthorne. She has some training meetings next week, then a Rockies game Friday night, and then they go to Florida the next day. I think she has three suitcases packed ready to go, so all she has to do is drop one off and pick up another one.

Leslie called about an hour later, and I visited with her and Bobby. She used to make fun of Paul and Tracy for the way they were over their dog, Bogie. They now have a Shitzu, and she is worse than Tracy ever thought of being. Funny!

***********************

Another movie quote. I just watched the movie a couple of nights ago. It's probably not a very famous quote, but it's always made me giggle:

"Good party, but no whiskey. We go home."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

could that picture be carlyon and Oliver??

Duene said...

Hey, Anonymous. You must be a relative, but I wish you would sign your name. No, this is Rollie and Judi Myers. I taught three of their kids in first grade. Rollie is a retired teacher. Judi and I paint together.

Anonymous said...

Your movie quote is from McLintock.
R

Anonymous said...

I noticed it says SASSY on the top of the box.

I suppose the white hen couldn't handle the stress of having people around her and her chick. But I bet she taste good fried up.
R

Duene said...

Yes, McClintock