Monday, May 3, 2010

Soothing Sound


I just traded this old mantle clock for a glass dome clock I had upstairs. I have no idea how old this clock is. When I first married Chuck and moved into this house, it was on a shelf in the basement, and Chuck said it was there when he moved in the house. It started to tick when he bumped it, so I brought it upstairs. I have had it repaired twice, and it still works. It has chimes. I have to remember to wind it about once a week, and it has to be perfectly level or it quits.

Does anyone remember how soothing the ticking of a clock can be?



I found this drawing on an old black and white negative. I have no idea when I did it or what became of it. I seem to remember that Charlie and Earlene bought one of my drawwings. Maybe that's where it is.


This old spinning wheel proved to me that I can't walk and chew gum at the same time. It belonged to my cousin, the guy who's the Libararian at the University of Adelaide. It was an antique he picked up somewhere. After I gave up on it, he took it back, and I presume he has it in Australia.

I never went shopping with Ray, but should have. My Uncle Bill (all cowboy) went nuts when he had to travel with C. Ray, because he stopped at every book store and antique shop they saw.

**************************
This is for Rollie, after seeing the pictures of him changing light bulbs, from my "retired" list:

Question: How many retirees does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer: Only one, but it might take all day.
*****************************
Tracy was wondering what Madelain's horse's name was. I thought it was "Calico", and Barrie thought it was "Patches". Does anyone remember?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one bulb only took me to 10:30 cause that's when church started. I'll have to do the other 8 when I have much, much more time.
Funny comment, Duene. I loved it. rwm

Tracy LeClair said...

It was Calico. Thank you; that was bugging me!