Thursday, May 6, 2010

X@***&% Radio

Back to the question I asked yesterday. "How many retirees does it take to set up an XM radio"?

I still don't know. When I find out, I'll let you know.

I called this morning. My old radio has been deactivated, and the new one is activated and is receiving a good signal - but I can't listen to it through my stereo, I have to use the headphones.

So I called technical support. First, of course, you have to talk to the "robot" and answer about a dozen questions. When I finally got to talk to a lady, she had a heavy accent and kept telling me how to determine which direction is south so I can be sure the antenna is facing the right direction.

Finally, another lady, also with an accent. She also thought she should help me find south. I finally got through to her that I was getting a good signal, I just couldn't set it to a channel on my stereo so I could listen to it without earphones. She told me it would only transmit wirelessly to a radio in a vehicle, not in the home. I told her that's why I bought the home kit to go with it. Does that make sense? She mumbled something about they didn't make radios like that any more because of FCC regulations.

I think I will return this radio and look around, maybe even on EBay, to see if I can find one just like the one I had.





********************************
So B&A, did you get a new TV? Larger screen for those tired old eyes?
*********************
I guess I'll tune the TV into one of those stupid soap operas, watch it snow, and try drawing on the new paper I got yesterday.

No comments: