Friday, December 3, 2010

I worked most of the day trying to get the new computer set up. This tower is about half the size of the old one and weighs only about 1/4 as much. I can barely move the old one, and I can easily carry this one.

I got a white case so it wold be easier to see the ports and connections. Guess what, they are all behind a little door that swings open, and it's black inside!

Got most of the programs installed. Installed one printer, and it said the driver is not compatible with Windows 7. So now I have to try to get the correct drivers for the printers. So far, they aren't working.

And I didn't get my files from the backup drive. Still haven't figured out how to do it.

While looking for a book on the bookshelves, I found this stuck back behind some things. I made this years ago, with sculpy, and painted it with bronze acrylic.

I've ordered a few new mats. These have a line cut into the mat. Kind of expensive, maybe, but I like the looks of them. The catalog said they were suede.

3 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

If you don't have your computer backed up and the printer talking to your computer, call me tomorrow and I can come help you, if you'd like...

Duene said...

I have the HP printing working. But the Canon printer is not compatible with Windows 7. I have to download a new driver for it from Canon. Know what? I'm not real compatible with Windows 7 either!!

Judi said...

Well, I can't help you at all. But, you always seem to work things out. Nice of Gina to offer. I like the sculpture. Remember when Tom Ward made teeny tiny animals with sculpey. They were great.