Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday


I am loving this new Canon camera. They boast that it is excellent for low light situations, and it is. I took this photo out my window after dark. I expected the flash to pop up, but it didn't.

Maybe I'll read the manual today - actually read about how to use it!


This is not a new picture, but it is one of my favorite. Barrie took it last Christmas.

***********************
Heard on the news that the Arizona lottery (95 million dollars) was won by a single mom, a school teacher.

ABC News has an article on wasteful government spending I thought was interesting.

The Department of Agriculture awarded the University of New Hampshire $700,000 this year investigating methane gas emissions from dairy cows. The conclusion? "Cows emit most of their methane through belching, only a small fraction from flatulence." They are calling this the "cow burp study".

4 comments:

Judi said...

What a precious picture of Kasey & Kat. Katy just looked at it over my shoulder & asked me how that cat got in the tree.

Anonymous said...

Wonder if I could get $700,000 for a study on a "human burp study". rwm

Duene said...

Hey, Rollie, they also studied "flatulence" - farts?

Sally said...

The lottery ticket was sold from the grocery store near us (7 miles away)!