Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lenore came home from her trip with some old family pictures she got from relatives. I'm not sure what she plans to do with them. I love old family pictures, and have quite a collection of them.

I've probably posted this picture before. It is my great grand parents's Marlatt family, with all sixteen children.



The picture above was taken in 1929 for a Chicago newspaper. Although he was a nephew, not a brother, my Dad played with them. He is in the front row, wearing the school sweater with stripes on the sleeve.


********************************


So much going on in the world! Willliam and Kate got married, Uncle Mo is ready to run the Kentucky Derby, the Pope was beautified (whatever that means), the Rockies are still winning games, it's National Egg Month, and Barrie (almost) drove into her dog lot yesterday. She and Kasey only had to walk a mile.


**************************


When I was reading Stephen King's book about writing, he kept metioning his book "The Stand". One of my favorites. I don't even have the book any more. The one I had was a used paperback, and finally literally fell apart. So I downloaded it to my Kindle yesterday and have started reading it again. Don't ask me why - that's about a 400 page book, and I already know how it ends.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Golly, Duene. I'm glad the Pope is beautiful. I wonder what it meant when he was beatified? rwm

MOM/Gina said...

Love your old family pic.

Anonymous said...

Have a hard cover un-abridged version of the stand, got it at a book sale...

Anonymous said...

oh that was me:)
barrie

Roger said...

Why did Barrie and Kasey have to walk a mile??

Duene said...

Got stuck. Season between snow and dry roads is pure mud.