Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday

This is what we call "Pam's wall" in the art room at Rendezvous Pointe. She may be gone for now, but not forgotten. She plans on being back for a short time in June



B&B Yamaha has a brand new blue metal roof. You probably can't even see it from the street, but I live on the hill above it, and it startles me every time I look out the window. It had an old red metal and patched roof for years. I'm sure it leaked, because there was always someone up on it shoveling snow off and putting new patches on it.


The South wall at Rendezvous Pointe - one of mine, some beautiful snow scenes by Terry, and Vicky's rabbit.

************************

New hot water heater is installed. It sure felt good to have a hot shower last night.


I was reading about the master plan for the improvement of Pinedale's Main Street (Pine Street.)

They're going to install a median strip with trees planted in it? What's that going to mean to the guys who are in charge of snow removal in the winter? Won't that really hinder the snow removal process?


The consulting firm the town hired to do all this is Arnett Muldrow (of South Carolina) won the bid for $59,000. Really? South Carolina? These guys are going to retain the flavor of Pinedale?


And they want to plant cottonwood trees - the kind that grows in places like Riverton and Lander. Did they stop to think there might be a reason those trees don't thrive here?


When they built the new (now old) elementary school, a lot of trees were planted. Most of them didn't makt it through the winter. They didn't plant trees that grew here.


I remember when Riverton overhauled their main street. They put in a median strip and planted trees in it. They tried growing flowers in it. Last time I was in Riverton, I didn't see any live trees or flowers. The median strip was a great place for jaywalkers to stop halfway across the street waiting for traffic to clear.

2 comments:

RTD said...

Hey, at least the strip was good for something.

Are people really that stupid?
well this tree grows down here, so it should grow at 5,000 feet above sea level.

I guess you should feel lucky they didn't want to plant palm trees.

Judi said...

I wondered about B&B as I saw all the doors open & lots of workers around last week. I wonder if Barbara sold it.
I don't understand how the town can do all that on a US Highway. Remember when the Hwy Dept made us remove all the wooden sidewalks because they was along a US Hwy? Good Grief.