Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I really need to work on painting snow - badly!

It helps when I crop the painting. This one will probably end up on the shower floor. It was an experiment in painting a snowy tree using a Daniel Smith Triad.

Maddy slept in the horse trailer last night. The striped kitties are out and about. I just happened to look out and see her climbing over the back fence and tear up the hill by the ditch. By the time I holllered downstairs to Barrie, I saw she had come back and was on the hill behind the house. Sure enough, she was "skunked." Barrie gave her a bath in peroxide and baking soda, and put her in the horse trailer for the night.

I have been editing and revising the book I wrote in November. Somewhere I read to avoid the use of the word 'there', especially beginning a sentence. So I used the MSWord 'find' feature on the entire manuscript. I couldn't believe how many times I used the word!!

The fundamental reason for middle names is so you will be able to tell when you are in real trouble.


3 comments:

Judi said...

I like the tree, but could also see that color & texture as a bear in the snow. Could be fur.

RTD said...

They say tomato juice works real good also

Anonymous said...

I remember "middle name" calling very well. rwm