Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday

I decided that as the world didn't end yesterday, I would start a new drawing. This is a "work in progress." I thought it might be interesting to take several pictures as I went along, showing the progress.

This is Sambo, Paul and Tracy's cat.


This is what I got done on day 1. Only color I used so far is Indigo Blue and a little white.


I already have my neat and clean watercolor table cluttered. I'm making a sample of the colors I put on the palette, cleaned a Rapidiograph pen which is drying on the table, and have colored pencils all over the tabletop.


Now my Daniel Smith palette is soaking in the shower. Soon to be full of new, fresh paint!


Just ordered two new books from Amazon, oldies. Giant, by Edna Ferber, and Lost Horizons
by James Hilton. Both are old books. I was required to read Lost Horizons in high school, and didn't think I would like it. But I did, and I'd like to read it again.


Also got The Odyssey for my Kindle. Why? Darned if I know.

1 comment:

Judi said...

I've never seen a cat quite like Sambo. That 'mane' is outstanding.