Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday

The weather is not conducive for much of anthing except reading. It's not bad, just gray and dreary. The "weather bug" on my computer says it's 54 degrees out at the airport.

Yay! Kentucky Derby today. I really don't follow horse racing much through the year, but I love to watch the Derby. My favorite, Uncle Mo, has been pulled from the race. Sick, not injured. His jocky will be mounted on another horse to replace a jocky who fell off his horse and broke his nose.

Barrie has the big flower bed all cleaned out, and has moved the planters out ready for Kasey's flowers. There is a flat of something planted in the kitchen window, and they are really growing.

I'm more than half finished with "The Stand". There are things in the book I don't remember. This is the second version he wrote, so there are some changes in it. In his book "On Writing",
Stephen King says "The adverb is not your friend." He tells you not to use them. Funny, but this book is full of adverbs, "slyly, suddenly, horrifically, complacently," and more. Guess he forgot



**********************



Mark B has one of my old rusty car paintings, and he wanted this one too, so Vicky took it home. I'm glad it has a good home.


No comments: