Monday, November 21, 2011

Computer died

I just finished ordering a new laptop computer.  My laptop has died, dead, gone.  I'm going with a Dell this time, giving up on HP.  I've known for some time it was going down.  Wouldn't boot up sometimes, and was so slow,  When I was typing, it was always about five or six words behind me. 

Haven't decided yet whether to take it to Mike and see if it can be fixed.  Our other HP, the one Barrie uses, had a hard drive failure, just a couple of days after the warranty ran out.  Mike talked to HP and convinced them to send a new hard drive, free of charge. 

I did back up the files not long ago, so won't lose much.  But it's a hassle to reinstall programs.

Had a yard full of deer yesterday.  The front gate was open, and they came in, six or seven of them.  Something under the snow must have been really good.


The other deer left, and this poor little guy couldn't remember where the gate was where he came in.  He finally found it.



The magpies are still working on the rib cage of the deer on the ditchbank.


2 comments:

DADD said...

Christmas tunnes from yesterday.

I'm with you on that one also. There are a lot of those "crappy" Christmas songs out there.
Just play me some good old mellow Christmas tunes, and I will one happy camper.

Here is a list of tunes I enjoy.
Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer
Little Drummer Boy
It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
Do You Hear What I Hear
Silent Night
White Christmas
Jingle Bells

Cute ones
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
Here Comes Santa Claus
Little Drummer Boy
Blue Christmas

Hey, it has more than 10 days without a photo of Kasey. What gives.

Judi said...

I remember what was 'good' under all that snow in your yard....remember the tipsy puppies?
Sorry about your laptop. What a hassle. I love the iPad so much I'll go with Apple when we need a new computer.