Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday


*************************

I watched The Country Music Awards on TV the other night.  Interesting, and I couldn't help but compare the stars to singers of long ago.  Yeah, I know I'm old as dirt, but I remember seeing Webb Pierce and Marty Robbins (and others I don't remember).  Webb Pierce wore a bright red western cut jacket with a big sparkly spider web embroidered across the back.  Marty Robbins wore a suit and tie.
Couldn't help but compare them to the male singers today, who wear ratty old jeans, tee shirts (usually black) and a hat that looks like it was run over by cows in the corral.  Gotta love their music, though.

Miranda Lambert looked like she was worried about a costume malfunction.  She wore a strapless dress and kept tugging it up.

*****************************

Just read a news item about a study that has been done in Sweden.  The study shows that men who donate to a sperm bank are well adjusted.  Whew!  I am so glad to hear it.  It's been worrying me.

******************************

• You've got to be careful if you don't know where you're going .... because you might not get there."


Yogi Berra





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's why I'm not well adjusted.rwm

MOM/Gina said...

Duene..I love your blog..

DADD said...

The best time came and went today.
11 seconds after 11 minutes after 11 o'clock.
In other words
11:11:11,11,11.
I guess it will happen again tonight.

Duene said...

Hey Roger, it's 9:30 and I am still up. I might make anothr 11-11-11.

Charmian said...

I can't wait to read your blog each morning for my daily laugh/pick-me-up. It's better than coffee!